Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I have 2 administator a/c.I want to delete 1 of them but unable to do so.Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

I had to re-install my OS due to some problem.Obviously,I already had an administrator a/c but when I re-installed the OS I created another administrator a/c.All of my softwares work fine with the old administrator a/c but none of these softwares work with the new administrator a/c.Now when I delete the adminstator a/c by right clicking My Computer- Properties- Advanced- User Profile,it gets deleted but it doesn't get deleted from User Accounts %26amp; it reappears in the User Profile when the computer restarts.Also I am not able to delete the new administator a/c from the User Accounts as it says there should always be atleast 1 administator a/c even though I have another administator a/c.So,how can I delete this administator a/c.


Please help!!!!!!!!! I will be very greatful to you.


Thanks in advance

I have 2 administator a/c.I want to delete 1 of them but unable to do so.Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
Here is the hart of your problem. The previous Administrator account has a SID assigned to it. This SID (Security ID) is unique for each system.





The software installed previously is looking for the SID of the previous account. When you reinstalled the O/S it created a new account with different SID. Thus the security for the new account is not set to run these programs.





As for the deletions you can only delete the account in the User Accounts area. Deleting the Profile simply deletes all the settings, customizations and files saved.





Your best bet would be to take the time and re-install the needed software with the new account. Install it in the same area and you should be fine. Once that is done you should be able to delete the old administrator account.

secret garden

No comments:

Post a Comment